Terms & Conditions
General terms and conditions
All information and documents provided within this website are provided without warranty of any kind. Distell Group Ltd assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of our website. Your use of this website is at your own risk. In no event will Distell Group Ltd be liable to any party for any direct, indirect, special or consequential losses or damages arising from the use of this website or any information contained therein or from accessing any other linked websites, including without limitation, loss of profit, business interruptions, loss of programs or other data on your information handling systems.
It is up to you to take such precautions as may be necessary to ensure that whatever you select for your use is free of things such as viruses and other items of destructive nature.
Third party links
This website contains links to third-party websites. The linked websites are not under the control of Distell Group Ltd and Distell Group Ltd is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked website. Distell Group Ltd is providing these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link does not imply endorsement of the linked website by Distell Group Ltd.
Terms and Conditions Bunnahabhain Facebook Helmsman's Trail
1. Bunnahabhain Facebook Helmsman's Trail is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to Bunnahabhain and not to Facebook.
2. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Promotion must be addressed to Distell Group Ltd and MUST NOT be directed to Facebook. By participating in the Promotion entrants hereby release Facebook from all claims, liabilities, losses or damages incurred by them in connection with the Promotion.
3. The Bunnahabhain Facebook Helmsman's Trail is open to all consumers over the legal age of drinking set down within the country where they reside, except employees and their immediate families of the promoter, its associated companies, their agents, the licensee, or anyone else professionally connected with the promotion. Proof of eligibility must be provided upon request.
4. Entries from agents, third parties or consumer groups will not be accepted. Bulk entries will not be accepted.
5. Entry to the competition will be through the Bunnahabhain Facebook tab. To enter, users must provide the location of the hidden bottle and their details (First name, last name & email address) on at least one week of the competition.
6. One (1) selected entrant for each of the four (4) weeks will be selected to win a Weekly Prize. The winner is selected according to their chosen location's proximity to the spot where the original picture was taken (the location of the bottle not the point from which the picture was taken). If there are several entries within a ten (10) metre radius of the location, the winner will be chosen at random. Weekly Prize winners will be selected from the previous week's entries. Entrants may submit on multiple weeks but will not be eligible to win a second or subsequent weekly Prize after a first win. Entrants can only enter one (1) location per week.
7. Weekly Prize winners will be notified of their success by email within a week of entering. Weekly Prize winners’ names will also be posted as Facebook Timeline updates during the course of the competition.
8. One (1) entrant will be selected to win the Grand Prize. The winner will receive a trip to Bunnahabhain Distillery for one person up to the value of one thousand (1000) Pounds (£).The Grand Prize will include one (1) night overnight accommodation at the Post Askaig Hotel, tickets to two (2) masterclasses, and a bottle of Westering Home which will be presented to the winner on the day. The trip will take place during the last week of May 2014. The trip's value will depend on the entrant’s point of origin and the travel costs involved in getting to Bunnahabhain Distillery. The winner will not receive any potential difference between the value of the trip and the stated maximum amount. The Grand Prize winner will be selected from all entries at the end of the competition. The selection will be carried out randomly. Multiple entries for each week of the Weekly Prize competition will count as a single entry for the purposes of selecting winners for the Grand Prize, meaning multiple entries confer no advantage to entrants.
9. Grand Prize winner will be notified by email on Monday 12th of May. The Grand Prize winner’s name will also be posted as Facebook Timeline updates on Monday 12th of May.
10. The Promotion will open at 10 am (UK time) on Monday April 14th and will close at 5pm on Friday 9th of May. There is no purchase necessary.
11. The Promoter shall not be held liable for system failures at the handling house. Neither can they be held responsible for the failure to fulfil obligations of any third parties involved in this promotion, although they will endeavour to minimise the effect to the participant of such failure.
12. For each weekly prize there will be one prize awarded if the winner resides in the UK, with an alternative prize offered if the winner lives outside of the UK. The weekly prizes consist of the following:
UK winner: One (1) bottle of Bunnahabhain 12 Year Old
Non-UK winner: One (1) pair of Bunnahabhain wobbly glasses
UK winner: One (1) bottle of Bunnahabhain 18 Year Old
Non-UK winner: One (1) Bunnahabhain Duffel Bag
UK winner: One (1) Bunnahabhain Gift Pack
Non-UK winner: One (1) Bunnahabhain Travel Rug
UK winner: One (1) bottle of Bunnahabhain Dràm an Stiùreadair
Non-UK winner: Bunnahabhain Journey kit, containing one (1) Bunnahabhain Duffel bag, one (1) Travel Rug, one (1) Leather Journal, and one (1) pair of Bunnahabhain wobbly glasses
Prizes must be taken as stated and no cash or other alternatives are available, except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal value.
Any tax liability arising from the award of the prize will be the responsibility of the recipient
13. The Bunnahabhain Whisky bottles and the trip to the Bunnahabhain Distillery cannot be re-sold or used in any promotional activity.
14. Prizes will be sent by registered post to the address details given by the winners on notification of a winning entry in July 2014. Winners must accept responsibility for arranging re-delivery or collection if there is no reply when delivery takes place.
15. The decision of the Promoter is final and binding in all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. Entering this Promotion, individuals will be deemed to have read and understood these terms and conditions and be bound by them and by any other requirements in promotional material.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, alter or withdraw the Promotion as necessary due to exceptional circumstances outside its reasonable control and to substitute the prize with one of equivalent or greater value.
18. The Promoter will not be held liable to any participant or winner for any fraud committed by any third party nor in an event beyond its control.
19. The prize winners agree to take part in any reasonable publicity required – this may include appearing on television. Please note that in processing the winners information the Promoter may disclose the information to other companies in its group or to third parties employed by the Promoter.
20. Details supplied may be used for PR or promotional and general marketing purposes. For the avoidance of doubt any participant’s personal data relating to the competition will be used solely in accordance with current data protection legislation and for the administration of the competition. It will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s prior consent to do so.
21. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any participant entering the competition or as a result of accepting the prize. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet, telephone lines or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to the participant's or any other person's computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in the competition. The name of the 4 Weekly Prize winners and 1 Grand Prize winner will be made available on request to those enclosing a stamped self-addressed envelope to the following address within 12 weeks of the closing date.
Winners, Bunnahabhain Facebook Helmsman's Trail
Distell Group Ltd.
8 Milton Road
College Milton North
22. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of the Terms and Conditions or incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, the Promoter may at their sole discretion refuse to process an entry or fulfil any prize awarded.
23. These Terms and Conditions are subject to Scottish Law and each of the participants shall be deemed to irrevocably submit to exclusive jurisdiction of Scottish Courts. The Promoter is Distell Group Ltd., 8 Milton Road, College Milton North, G74 5BU, East Kilbride.