Shipping and Deliveries
What is your delivery time and cost?
- Shipping is calculated by order weight. A full breakdown of the charges including tax can be seen at checkout. Please note, prices may appear differently on the site depending on where you have set your shipping address to. This is due to some countries including taxes e.g., products in the UK are inclusive of VAT.
- Orders are shipped on business days only, by our fulfilment partner’s warehouse in Glasgow, Scotland.
Average Delivery times are as follows:
UK – 2-3 business days (please note, during busy periods, this may take up to 5 days).
EU – 3-10 business days (please note this allows for any time required by customs in your country of residence. The average delivery time is 4/5 days).
ROW – 5-14 business days
Shipping in the EU
Please note we can ship to the EU except for France, Sweden, Poland, Slovakia, Greece and Italy. Due to Brexit surcharges and resultant processing fees, our delivery cost has increased, however, we will continue to process all fees on the website to ensure a seamless transaction for you. In addition to shipping charges, the following will also be charged at checkout:
- Courier Shipping Brexit Surcharge: £5
- Customs Clearance: £6
Please allow extra time for orders going to the EU as due to Brexit, there may be a small delay in customs.
Please be advised, following updates at local customs level, VAT will no longer be charged on the website for Spain and Finland and will be needed to be paid upon delivery.
Shipping in the US
Please note, due to some state alcohol laws, unfortunately we can't ship to all States in the US. Below are the States which we can deliver to:
- District of Columbia
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
How can I check my order and delivery status?
- Once you place your order, it usually takes 24 hours for our fulfilment partners to process and send it. (Please note, this may be longer at busy times or if we are waiting on a delivery of stock)
- As soon as it ships, you’ll receive a confirmation email and tracking information. You can also log in to your account to see your order status.
Refunds and Returns
- We will provide a refund or provide a replacement where available for any products received damaged or faulty, provided we are notified within 3 working days of receipt. Where a replacement item is not available, due to it being discontinued or the original item being a “One Off,” we will reimburse you for the full cost of the item only and any shipping costs. No compensation will be paid. Upon receipt of your order, the order should be carefully inspected to make sure that it is intact and in full.
- The courier must be informed of breakages or shortages at the time of delivery. We may not (at our sole discretion) accept any claims for breakages or shortages unless they are stated on the courier’s documentation. We must have confirmation of these breakages or shortages within 3 working days of delivery. Photographic evidence is required by our carrier company if an item has been damaged during transit. In the case of a return being necessary, our fulfilment partners will be in touch to arrange a courier to collect the item. Please note, you may be required to be available for a set amount of time to do this.
Ordering and Payment
How can I pay online?
- You can pay online with most major debit or credit cards or with PayPal, however, we do not accept payment by cheque. There are several mandatory fields which you must complete to enable us to process your order and allow us to contact you should we need to discuss your order. Please complete all fields carefully and accurately. All card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. We will not deliver any Products prior to these checks and authorisations being completed. If your card issuer refuses to authorise payment to us, we cannot accept your order, and will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
Can I change or cancel my order?
- If you would like to cancel your order, please contact us on email@example.com as soon as possible. If your order has already been dispatched, we will not be able to process the cancellation until the goods are returned to us.
- Please allow 7-10 days for the money to show in your account after cancelling an order.
Do I need to have an account to place an order?
- You don't need to have an account to place an order. However, the benefit to creating an account is you can securely save your addresses and payment preferences for quicker checkouts in the future.
Can I combine my orders if I’ve placed two in a short amount of time?
- Unfortunately, we cannot combine multiple orders, regardless if they are going to the same shipping address and were placed on the same day. We would ask you to be patient with the site and check your basket to ensure you have everything you are looking for in the one order before checking out.
Where can I find my order number?
- Once your order is placed, you’ll be sent an order confirmation email with your order number and details.
Is ordering from Bunnahabhain online secure?
- We've taken several steps to ensure all information received from our customers online is secure and do regular security checks on our website.
How do I use a promotional code?
- You can use a promotion code by entering it into the promotion code box in the checkout.
Why is my promotional code not working?
- Please check the terms & conditions associated with the promotion for all the details on inclusions and exclusions and timings. Some items you are trying to purchase may be excluded from the promotion, or the promotion may have ended.
- If you believe the promotional code should work on your order and you are still having issues with it, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will investigate your issue, and, if relevant, give you a new code.
- The main characteristics of the products sold through our website are set out on the product pages picturing them. Every effort has been made to display the colours of the goods as accurately as possible. However, because the colour you see will depend on your screen, we cannot guarantee that the colours of the goods purchased will be the exact same as the colours shown on your screen.
Are there limits to how much product I can buy?
- Some of our products are very limited in number, therefore, sometimes we may limit the number of bottles available to purchase to one or two per person. This is to give more people the chance to get our most popular bottlings.
Will you restock an item that has sold out?
- Depending on the product, we will restock. However, items such as limited editions or single cask whiskies only have a small number of bottles so once they’re sold out online, there will be no more.
- Sometimes an item which has sold out online is still available at the distillery visitor centre. These are two separate shops, so we are unable to process orders and send directly from the distillery on Islay.
For any other queries, please contact our fulfilment partners at email@example.com. Please note, we reserve the right to update or edit this information as and when we deem appropriate.